SWAT4 Tournament forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SWAT4 Tournament forum

SWAT 4

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Cup Draw(Canceled)

Go down 
+6
Michal
Unna
valeRa
BéRk
RuGiZuGi
BRAVO
10 posters
AuthorMessage
BRAVO
BRAVO

Cup Draw(Canceled) Empty
PostSubject: Cup Draw(Canceled)   Cup Draw(Canceled) Icon_minitimeMon May 15, 2017 8:37 pm

Every team has 1 week to play his match. If teams couldnt agree on a date, match will be forced by organizer.

http://challonge.com/w3cxnd1u

Cup Draw(Canceled) Captur10

Last edited by BRAVO on Wed May 17, 2017 8:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
RuGiZuGi

Cup Draw(Canceled) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cup Draw(Canceled)   Cup Draw(Canceled) Icon_minitimeTue May 16, 2017 11:39 am

Hej guys. I have a question to every team participating. I've got not problem with the draw itself, but I have a problem with the tournament system in general.

For me, a tournament is a welcomed alternative compared to public gameplay and it's nice to play in a competitive environment without noobs blocking and team nading all the time. It is so much fun to play with your mates and we had a lot of great matches in the past.
Unfortunately the current cup system does not really apply to that. A weaker team will most likely only play 2 matches - how boring is that?! I think there should be more matches in general, that is the point of a tournament, else we could just play some fun wars from time to time.

My suggestion would be to change the cup system. It gives more matches and equal chances and fun for every single team, while not making the tournament lasting longer. I would love to play against every team, not just a few...
There could be a league system, where every team plays against all the others once. At the end of those matches the top 4 teams progress to the semifinals and the winners to the grand final.

What do you guys think?
I personally think more matches are great and every team has equal chances to progress. That's the whole point of it.
Back to top Go down
BéRk
Admin
Admin
BéRk

Cup Draw(Canceled) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cup Draw(Canceled)   Cup Draw(Canceled) Icon_minitimeTue May 16, 2017 11:59 am

GREAT IDEA RUGI. Simply in 2 words: Hats off!   I AGREE.

This is what I always try to emphasize on all tournaments, even in BS modes. It should be like a league system, where every team plays vs each other at least once.

Here is my idea: So there are 6 teams, that means there will be 5 match stages for every team. Then every winner is assigned 3 points, tied matches give 2 points to each team and the loser team gets 1 point (just like in basketball league). In the end of all fixtures, the top 4 team with highest points goes onto semi final. (If 4th and 5th team has same points, then play a final match among them)

In the semi final, lets say 1st team, 2nd team, 3rd team and 4th team is A, B, C and D respectively. It would normally be A vs D and B vs C, but to increase the competitiveness of the tournament, maybe do a random draw from this point onwards. The rest you guys can decide.
Back to top Go down
valeRa

valeRa

Cup Draw(Canceled) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cup Draw(Canceled)   Cup Draw(Canceled) Icon_minitimeTue May 16, 2017 1:05 pm

This was what i mentioned to bravo before but he did say some excuses to not doing it. Of course playing against every team that participates would be better than this system. Rugi's idea is OK from our side too.
Back to top Go down
Unna

Unna

Cup Draw(Canceled) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cup Draw(Canceled)   Cup Draw(Canceled) Icon_minitimeTue May 16, 2017 1:34 pm

Well, it is a nice idea. However, not sure if everyone will play their matches. What if 1 team plays only 2 matches and drop off from the tournament?

Basically, I am for the idea of more matches better it is. There is just risk that 1-2 lower teams risk to drop off be cause they will not lose only 2 matches but 5.
Back to top Go down
RuGiZuGi

Cup Draw(Canceled) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cup Draw(Canceled)   Cup Draw(Canceled) Icon_minitimeTue May 16, 2017 1:54 pm

Good point @Unna
We probably need to figure out a solution for this before the tournament starts. On the other hand, I highly doubt this will happen. I don't know that much about 4U, but I know all other teams here and I would be very very surprised if anyone would act that unprofessionally and rage quit the tournament. I believe same goes for 4U.
Back to top Go down
Michal
Admin
Admin
Michal

Cup Draw(Canceled) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cup Draw(Canceled)   Cup Draw(Canceled) Icon_minitimeTue May 16, 2017 2:11 pm

Bail 1000 euro Wink Yes league is better. There is not enough active teams to play a such system. Right now seems ppl like this idea so we still get time to change it
Back to top Go down
BéRk
Admin
Admin
BéRk

Cup Draw(Canceled) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cup Draw(Canceled)   Cup Draw(Canceled) Icon_minitimeTue May 16, 2017 2:27 pm

I have another idea. Please no offence though..

In my opinion (no experience in VIP at all), WM, qR and Cartel are the strongest 3 teams.
And MYT, 4U and my team is lower in terms of experience and skills maybe (But we can not verify this until we play).

So maybe do 2 groups, group A consisting of WM, qR and Cartel and group B consisting of MYT, 4U and yPB. Let each group play 2 times vs other teams. So WM plays vs qR and Cartel 2 times, and same with all other teams.

In the end, 2 higher point teams in Group A goes onto semi final with 2 higher point teams in Group B.

Then we will have 4 teams, and let's call this Group C. In this group C, every team will play vs each other only once and top 2 or top 3 teams goes into Grand finale.

This will be more competitive than Rugi's idea and reduce the chance of any drop outs (although I don't think this will happen, as Rugi said.)

I think this is a better idea, what do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
Michal
Admin
Admin
Michal

Cup Draw(Canceled) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cup Draw(Canceled)   Cup Draw(Canceled) Icon_minitimeTue May 16, 2017 2:31 pm

I think some clans can be touched and you hurt their feelings Wink Lets make each with each and that close mouth everyone about unfair draw , bad sharing groups etc
Back to top Go down
BéRk
Admin
Admin
BéRk

Cup Draw(Canceled) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cup Draw(Canceled)   Cup Draw(Canceled) Icon_minitimeTue May 16, 2017 2:35 pm

Well it is obvious and visible truths, i hope noone takes offence. This is the only way to make it more balanced. Even in the group system the top 4 team is already determined in my opinion. However, my idea will put more pressure on some teams and maybe affect their performance in a good or bad way, hence the winner or at least the final might be different than previous tournaments..

Back to top Go down
|WM|Linux

|WM|Linux

Cup Draw(Canceled) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cup Draw(Canceled)   Cup Draw(Canceled) Icon_minitimeTue May 16, 2017 3:59 pm

meyRa wrote:
Well it is obvious and visible truths, i hope noone takes offence. This is the only way to make it more balanced. Even in the group system the top 4 team is already determined in my opinion. However, my idea will put more pressure on some teams and maybe affect their performance in a good or bad way, hence the winner or at least the final might be different than previous tournaments..

Then create a cup for the "lower" teams or whatever you meant.

Anyway, agree with Zugi totally.
Back to top Go down
http://worldmafia.net/
Charfire

Charfire

Cup Draw(Canceled) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cup Draw(Canceled)   Cup Draw(Canceled) Icon_minitimeTue May 16, 2017 4:06 pm

Hi there,

Personally, i thought from beginning the plan was to play every team until semi, quarter and finals. But seems it wasn't the case, I agree with Rugi in the fact that we should play each team respectively until we find out result from 1st to 4th. However i think what would be better is after those positions are determined, 1st will play 3rd and 2nd will play 4th. Also about teams dropping out, in past tournaments there were these troubles before and had no problem reducing or adding points to the teams that haven't played yet
Back to top Go down
Sinazz

Cup Draw(Canceled) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cup Draw(Canceled)   Cup Draw(Canceled) Icon_minitimeTue May 16, 2017 7:10 pm

I agree with Zugi's point of view...
I also want to play against more teams, this makes it more fun and you get more chances to get a good result
Back to top Go down
{|4U|}Alex

Cup Draw(Canceled) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cup Draw(Canceled)   Cup Draw(Canceled) Icon_minitimeTue May 16, 2017 8:24 pm

Well i keep it simple and short...

All the reasons why i do agree are already written down, so I totally agree to this idea. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://4uclan.net/
Michal
Admin
Admin
Michal

Cup Draw(Canceled) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cup Draw(Canceled)   Cup Draw(Canceled) Icon_minitimeTue May 16, 2017 9:18 pm

Ok seems like all wanna play league.
Back to top Go down
BRAVO
BRAVO

Cup Draw(Canceled) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cup Draw(Canceled)   Cup Draw(Canceled) Icon_minitimeWed May 17, 2017 8:19 am

OK I got 6 yes to change the system to mixed system, I will post another draw and explain the new system
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Cup Draw(Canceled) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cup Draw(Canceled)   Cup Draw(Canceled) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cup Draw(Canceled)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SWAT4 Tournament forum :: Archives :: SW4T 2K17 cup :: Schedules-
Jump to: