SWAT4 Tournament forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SWAT4 Tournament forum

SWAT 4

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Map played - SIRENS DEN

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mig
Admin
Admin
Mig

Map played - SIRENS DEN Empty
PostSubject: Map played - SIRENS DEN   Map played - SIRENS DEN Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 6:00 pm

Which map shall we play in the (first round of) mini tournament? Choose one from the maps I suggest or give your own tip. Maps must be as bug-free as possible. Especially important are sounds working properly, which help you locate bombs.

My suggestions:
a) Sirens Den - medium in-door map of a nightclub. Large main area with some side ways and rooms
b) Mogadishu Mile - large outdoor area with a lot of camping places.
c) Stuck in the Woods - small map with out-door area and bombs located inside a house. This map has slightly higher demands on PC configuration.

You can download these maps from:
MiniRDMaps_fixed.zip

Then extract the files into your "SWAT4\Content\"

Please vote one from these or give your own suggestion with download link for the map files until 16.12.2012.

Last edited by Mig on Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:17 pm; edited 13 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://swat4news.blogspot.com
Akraix

PostSubject: Re: Map played - SIRENS DEN   Map played - SIRENS DEN Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 7:44 am

WE would like to play Freestyle Electra - small and funny map from future

Sirens Den has a lots of bugs, bad spawns
Mogadishu Mile too large, created for campers
Stuck in the Woods - hard for swat team to get in to the house but it is the best map from list
Back to top Go down
Mig
Admin
Admin
Mig

PostSubject: Re: Map played - SIRENS DEN   Map played - SIRENS DEN Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 10:43 am

Electra is indeed a funny map but:
- elevators there are killing players - that's also funny but not good for tournament
- sounds are bugged - you hear sounds which are 30 metres below/above you and bombs make no sound at all
- spawns are sometimes very close to each other

@Sirens den - I fixed the mappack, two files were missing there which should fix all bugs you reported. Sry for this mistake. About spawns - Akraix explained me sus and swat have same spawns, changed randomly (like in FoodWall map). Well, Ill have a look but even if so, it could be more fun Smile
@Mogadishu - agree, it is big and confusing for first-time visitors
@Stuck - agree that's it's hard, also laggy.

I was thinking about adding Desert Ops map, it is similar to Mogadishu but smaller and with easier orientation. Or C-Block is well-made, but pretty hard for SWAT

P.S.: I expect some more tips or votes
Back to top Go down
Mig
Admin
Admin
Mig

PostSubject: Re: Map played - SIRENS DEN   Map played - SIRENS DEN Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 10:22 am

So, every team wanted a different map or did not care so I decided to choose the first map from list - Sirens den. It is relatively easy to get familiar with it and should be bug-free. Regarding the spawns that are reportedly same both for SWAT and SUS - well, it will be like that for both teams so no-one gains advantage.

Be sure to have this map installed correctly BEFORE the match. In your SWAT4 you should have the following files:

Content\Maps\MP-Nightclub.s4m
Content\StaticMeshes\Nightclub_sm.usx
Content\Textures\Nightclub_Tex.utx
Back to top Go down
Mig
Admin
Admin
Mig

PostSubject: Re: Map played - SIRENS DEN   Map played - SIRENS DEN Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 9:02 am

Our tiny tournament is over after 3 played matches.

Final table for Sirens Den map:

1. place - Swat4News - 3 points for 1 victory, 1 tie. Round score 6:2
2. place - JustFrags! - 2 points for 2 ties. Round score 4:4
3. place - EPIC - 1 point for 1 tie. Round score 2:4

Thanks to all teams/clans and players who participated.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Map played - SIRENS DEN   Map played - SIRENS DEN Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Map played - SIRENS DEN
Page 1 of 1