SWAT4 Tournament forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SWAT4 Tournament forum

SWAT 4

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Unstable FPS in SWAT4 (+ one more problem)

Go down 
+2
Gumias
Mig
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Mig
Admin
Admin
Mig

Unstable FPS in SWAT4 (+ one more problem) Empty
PostSubject: Unstable FPS in SWAT4 (+ one more problem)   Unstable FPS in SWAT4 (+ one more problem) Icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 6:19 pm

Yo guys,

1. I'm having a long term problem with unstable FPS in SWAT. When I play on server with not more than cca 6 people all is good - FPS at 90. But as soon as more people connect, my FPS lowers to cca 50-60 in normal scenes, but in fast shooting/nade scenes it drops to red numbers. The more players on server - the worse the performance. My GFX is NVIDIA 9600GT which should be sufficient. So I think this is due to my processor Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU E2200 overclocked to 2,850 GHz.

Question is, if you know anything that could improve the game performance (apart from changing PC). I tried changing affinity of SWAT4.exe, closing all unneeded apps and processes but no impact on FPS. So this is sth like last attempt before buying a new PC.

2. Another problem - I have another PC available, but it has a new damn wide monitor with only VGA connection. I'm not used to play SWAT on such a wide monitor so I wanted to run the game in some 4:3 resolution with black stripes on sides. I googled a lot and I saw it can be done only when using DVI cable (not VGA). Also, in my Ati CCC I could not find the setting which I saw on google. Is that really no solution? Cos a friend of mine told me he has Ati card, VGA cable and he somehow made it.

So if any of u know more than I do regarding any of the above mentioned problems, I would be very grateful.
Back to top Go down
http://swat4news.blogspot.com
Gumias

PostSubject: Re: Unstable FPS in SWAT4 (+ one more problem)   Unstable FPS in SWAT4 (+ one more problem) Icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 8:33 pm

You are the first what happens this xd. My fps gets red when I play on 10/10 server and sometimes when I play a 2vs2 Sad

Sorry I dont know how to help, maybe buy new pc( I will have to do it too) xd
Back to top Go down
Sonny
Proudly Banned

PostSubject: Re: Unstable FPS in SWAT4 (+ one more problem)   Unstable FPS in SWAT4 (+ one more problem) Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 12:17 am

Swat want much power of ur CPU,not Grapchics card (not that much),even on best computers its IMPOSSIBLE to have 90 fps all the time.I think it could be normal cos of ur pc,just play on lowest setting,make resolution lower,and then u get more fps

P.S. If i said something incorrect,correct me pls
Back to top Go down
Mig
Admin
Admin
Mig

PostSubject: Re: Unstable FPS in SWAT4 (+ one more problem)   Unstable FPS in SWAT4 (+ one more problem) Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 9:19 am

All my setting are low/off. I tried to lower my resolution but it had no impact on FPS. Also I noticed a strange thing - sometimes I restart my PC and the game runs smoother. Other times I restart and it sucks. So I though someone of you might know about some magical setting which would help me.

On the other PC (the one with wide screen monitor) FPS is okay (90 and only sometimes unstable) and the CPU is only a slightly better (Core 2 Duo instead of Dual Core), frequency similar.

And about the wide screen issue - anyone knows if its possible to run swat in original 4:3 Aspect Ratio via VGA cable?

Back to top Go down
PimpMyGun
Admin
Admin
PimpMyGun

PostSubject: Re: Unstable FPS in SWAT4 (+ one more problem)   Unstable FPS in SWAT4 (+ one more problem) Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 10:59 am

did you reinstalled your system, Mig?
Back to top Go down
https://swat4tournament.forumotion.com
Mig
Admin
Admin
Mig

PostSubject: Re: Unstable FPS in SWAT4 (+ one more problem)   Unstable FPS in SWAT4 (+ one more problem) Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 11:09 am

Nope, been using it for over 2 years now. But you know, its a lot of work and I am not sure it would help. Especially because I'm keeping it in a solid condition (no useless addons and apps. using CCleaner often).
Back to top Go down
PimpMyGun
Admin
Admin
PimpMyGun

PostSubject: Re: Unstable FPS in SWAT4 (+ one more problem)   Unstable FPS in SWAT4 (+ one more problem) Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 11:32 am

maybe you keep system in good condition but there can be some errors with drivers that they can cause it.

for me it is the best solution to repair computer if everything else fails, before buying new one.

all is up to you Smile
Back to top Go down
https://swat4tournament.forumotion.com
Makaveli

PostSubject: Re: Unstable FPS in SWAT4 (+ one more problem)   Unstable FPS in SWAT4 (+ one more problem) Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 11:44 am

the thing is u dont have to change whole pc to change 1 part.
just change ur video card. get some mate who knows abit about the computer parts and its simple to change it.
Back to top Go down
Mig
Admin
Admin
Mig

PostSubject: Re: Unstable FPS in SWAT4 (+ one more problem)   Unstable FPS in SWAT4 (+ one more problem) Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 12:04 pm

Video card is not the issue. I had a much worse card before, replaced it and problem remains the same in SWAT (though other games run better).

I was thinking about replacing CPU but haven't found the right second hand piece for good price yet. Anyway, seems like there is no magical solution to this. Thanx for your time.
Back to top Go down
RuGiZuGi

PostSubject: Re: Unstable FPS in SWAT4 (+ one more problem)   Unstable FPS in SWAT4 (+ one more problem) Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 12:10 pm

Sonny wrote:
Swat want much power of ur CPU,not Grapchics card (not that much),even on best computers its IMPOSSIBLE to have 90 fps all the time.I think it could be normal cos of ur pc,just play on lowest setting,make resolution lower,and then u get more fps

P.S. If i said something incorrect,correct me pls

@Sonny:

It is possible to have stable 85/90 frames whole time. Even old hardware like Core 2 Duo's with clocks of 2.40 GHz and GT 8500/8600 were able to do that. Swat is a science in itself.

All you need for stable frames is
- Dualcore with 2.4 GHz or higher
- GT8600 or higher
- 2 Mbps Internet connection or higher

Sonny, you got a 1 Mbps connection, which can cause huge frame drops. Also crap servers and the engine itself cause frame drops, which has nothing to do with client hardware.

@Mig:

Your hardware is actually fine for Swat...what about Internet connection and RAM?
However, I can create a swat4.ini with all details on lowest, which gives you more stable frames.

Makaveli wrote:
the thing is u dont have to change whole pc to change 1 part.
just change ur video card. get some mate who knows abit about the computer parts and its simple to change it.

His card is more than enough for swat, no need to replace that.
Back to top Go down
Sonny
Proudly Banned

PostSubject: Re: Unstable FPS in SWAT4 (+ one more problem)   Unstable FPS in SWAT4 (+ one more problem) Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 4:12 pm

I waited for respond some1 like u rugi Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mig
Admin
Admin
Mig

PostSubject: Re: Unstable FPS in SWAT4 (+ one more problem)   Unstable FPS in SWAT4 (+ one more problem) Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 10:24 pm

tttt
Back to top Go down
Mig
Admin
Admin
Mig

PostSubject: Re: Unstable FPS in SWAT4 (+ one more problem)   Unstable FPS in SWAT4 (+ one more problem) Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 10:24 pm

RuGiZuGi wrote:
Your hardware is actually fine for Swat...what about Internet connection and RAM?
RAM 2 GB, around 1 MB used during playing, net cca 4Mbit but on wifi so it changes, but there is no correlation between net speed and FPS problem as far as I noticed.

RuGiZuGi wrote:
However, I can create a swat4.ini with all details on lowest, which gives you more stable frames.
I would appreciate that, if its not very time consuming. But I am interested only in adjustments that do not give other advantage than stable FPS.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unstable FPS in SWAT4 (+ one more problem)   Unstable FPS in SWAT4 (+ one more problem) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Unstable FPS in SWAT4 (+ one more problem)
Page 1 of 1